SupraNet is hiring a Vice President of Finance & Administration!
To apply for this position, click here.
Note: this position is located in Madison, Wisconsin and there is no relocation compensation. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. Partial remote is possible during Covid-19.
The VP of Finance & Administration is responsible for strategic leadership, financial planning and analysis and accounting and human resource administration. With an array of important responsibilities spanning the planning, execution and assessment of strategic, financial, and accounting-related initiatives and processes, this is a tremendously important position for SupraNet. The VP of Finance & Administration must comply with established policies, procedures and overall Company Core Values.
- Provides critical financial and operational information with which to make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations to bring the company to the next level
- Assesses organizational performance against both the annual/quarterly/monthly budget and the company’s long-term strategy
- Assists in establishing yearly objectives and engaging outside/outsourced consultants (accounting firms, advisors, etc.)
- Oversees long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company’s strategic plan, especially as the company considers growth or acquisitions
- Continuously improves the overall integrity, precision and timeliness of the Company’s financial reporting, accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, taxes and human resources administration
- Recruits, develops and mentors talent to meet the Company’s growth and change
- Prepares and maintains regular financial planning reports; monthly profit and loss by function (vs. budget); and engages senior management staff in these processes
- Completes analysis of financial results, and develops recommendations (strategic and tactical)
- Assists in development of financial planning and analysis exercises and reports
- Collects data for/interacts with Lenders/Banks, and develops/maintains banking relationships
- Oversees cash flow planning, cash, investment, and asset management and bank account reconciliation, and ensures availability of funds as needed
- Develops and utilizes forward-looking, predictive models to provide insight into the company’s operations and business plans
- Oversees the accounting and reporting function to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting and financial systems and supervise company/consultant finance staff
- Selects the external timekeeping and payroll processing company and various third party vendors related to payroll and employee benefits
- Processes bi-weekly payroll; records monthly payroll and benefit accrual journal entries
- Reviews all sales contracts, tracks sales incentives earned, tracks billing of new and amended contracts in relation to payment of sales team incentives in accordance with the various sales team incentive plans
- Creates and/or updates sales team incentive forms on an annual or as needed basis
- Reviews monthly sales incentive forms for the sales team; provides feedback as to accuracy, etc.
- Coordinates the Capital Expenditure process to ensure that all capital projects, both customer and internal are approved by Company leadership team prior to implementation
- Works with the sales team leader to analyze and establish the various sales incentive plans and quarterly incentive bonus plans
- Serves as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues, after Sales, Marketing or Technology have attempted to resolve
- Oversees weekly cash management, approves weekly payables, and executes check signing
- Oversees accounts receivable management and provides support to collection activities
- Ensures maintenance of appropriate internal controls and processes to safeguard the Company’s assets and financial soundness, including legal/regulatory compliance of financial functions
- Coordinates relationship with external accountants including compilations and proper filing of tax returns
- Manages the Company’s insurance program, 401K and other benefit programs
- Processes all employees for hiring, on-boarding and termination
- Reviews, approves and oversees processing of all employee expense vouchers
- Develops an atmosphere that promotes management of work allocation, training, problem resolution, positive/open/constructive communication and effective team dynamics in keeping with the Core Values of the Company
- Assist Operations with the annual SOC II, TYPE II audit. Primarily responsible for the employee related criteria
- Annual review and update of the Employee Handbook and Records Management and Retention policy
Education and Experience Requirements
- A minimum of a BS of Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related study; a CPA is preferred
- A minimum of ten years experience in finance or accounting
- A minimum of five years as a VP or Director of Finance or a Controller, preferably in a small company setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills
- Experience in a senior financial management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies
- Entrepreneurial flair a plus
- Knowledge of, and active adherence to, the Company’s Security and Acceptable Use, Records Management and Retention and Disaster Recovery Plan (roles and responsibility)
Generous Benefit Package!
- 20 days paid time off and 10 paid holidays for new employees
- Excellent health and dental insurance, flexible spending account
- Competitive retirement plan with 4% company match
- $500 annual tech benefit
- $200 annual eyewear reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone and health club reimbursements
- Tuition Reimbursement
To apply for this position, click here.